Patagonia Men's Yulex® Front-Zip Spring Impact Suit
Designed for use in big and heavy surf, the neoprene-free R1® Yulex® Impact Front-Zip Spring Suit has foam impact panels and can be worn by itself or under a full suit for additional protection. Made from 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, with a high-stretch 100% recycled polyester lining; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance. Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free
- Recycled polyester content: 100% in the body lining and 88% in the exterior face fabric
- 25mm foam padding in back and thighs for maximum protection and flotation
- Floating front-zip design for ease of entry and inflatable vest compatibility
- Glued and blindstitched construction
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility
- 1,148 g (2 lbs 8.5 oz)
Body: 2mm 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey.
Exterior face: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex.
Impact panels: 25mm EVA foam.
Natural rubber is from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facilityView The Footprint Chronicles
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin. Download Patagonia Wetsuit Warranty Form
When we started making wetsuits, we quickly identified neoprene as a material that needed improvements to lessen its environment impact. So we met with the folks from Yulex who wanted to leverage the unique properties of the guayule plant, a hearty desert shrub native to the southwestern United States. Thus began a collaborative long-term project to develop a wetsuit material from guayule rubber.
Compared to traditional neoprene made from petroleum (or limestone), guayule rubber is a renewable resource that provides improved elasticity and softness and can be replaced faster than the product wears out. The agriculture is low-impact and the extraction and processing uses little energy and few chemicals.
Overall, from the crops to the rubber manufacturing, Yulex® guayule rubber has a lower environmental impact than the polychloroprene that it replaces.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.