Patagonia Planing Duffel Bag 55L
The Planing Duffel holds a weekend’s worth of essentials and keeps wet gear separate so your clothes stay dry and organized.
- Made from a tough yet limber all-recycled polyester fabric with a TPU-film laminate that excels at wet-gear management
- The large main compartment holds enough gear to get you through an entire weekend
- The bottom compartment is designed specifically for all things wet (wetsuit, drippy towels, waders)
- The two large grab handles feel comfortable whether you’re carrying the Planing Duffel in your hand or as a backpack
- A mesh exterior stash pocket has drain holes and provides additional storage; it closes with a zipper for security
- 545 g (1 lb 3.22 oz)
Body: 9-oz 300-denier 100% recycled polyester with a TPU-film laminate.
Mesh: 6.9-oz 100% nylonView The Footprint Chronicles
545 g (1 lbs 3.2 oz)
15.5" x 21.5" x 20.5"
55L (3356 cu in)
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.