Patagonia R2® Gloves
Offering warmth and dexterity in cool conditions, the R2® Gloves are made from 2mm neoprene with 88% recycled polyester thermal lining and a textured palm for grip. Made for cool water: 55-60º F/13-16º C.
- Durable 2mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic, low-pile micro-grid (made from 88% recycled polyester content) dries fast
- PU-laminated palm and fingers maximize grip
- Articulated panels conform to hand for a snug fit
- Cuffs and seams are reinforced with 1cm bartacks and spot tape reinforcements
- 2mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic, low-pile 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex microgrid
- 90 g (3.2 oz)
- Made in Thailand.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.