Patagonia R3® Split Toe Booties
Warm, comfortable and durable, the R3® Split Toe Booties feature an 88% recycled polyester thermal lining and a split toe design for increased control and grip. Made for cold water: 48-55º F/9-13º C.
- Durable 3mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic, low-pile micro-grid (made from 88% recycled polyester content) dries fast
- Asymmetrical wrap construction conforms to foot for a snug fit
- Split toe and heel lock improve fit and performance
- Rubber wrap reinforcement on outside of bootie and arch protect foot
- PU-laminated tab on bootie cuff and pull ring on heel for easy on/off
- Z-Strap closure locks foot in place for extra support
- Fine-grip rubber soles provide traction; seams are internally taped to prevent leakage
- 362 g (12.8 oz)
3mm neoprene lined with hydrophobic, low-pile 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex microgridView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.