Patagonia Women's Adze Jacket
For high-energy activity in cold, windy conditions, the Adze Jacket’s stretch-woven fabric breathes and stretches while blocking wind and light precip. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Stretch-woven polyester/spandex soft-shell fabric stops wind and resists precip with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish bonded with a fleece grid backer that insulates and wicks moisture
- Soft-shell fabric on inner collar and wind flap is durable and abrasion-resistant
- Subtle angled pockets with low-profile storm flaps and mesh backer for security and breathability
- Center-front zipper has interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Gusseted underarm panels reduce lift when reaching overhead
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out weather
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 561 g (19.8 oz)
2-layer, 9.3-oz 90% polyester/10% spandex stretch woven with a fleece grid backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.