Patagonia Women's Ascensionist Jacket
For swift mountain pursuits when every gram counts, the new Ascensionist Jacket offers comfortable, reliable protection in a breathable, highly packable shell. Ideal for light-and-fast alpinism or high-output ski touring, the Ascensionist provides the refuge you need at just 11.4 ounces—the lightest technical shell we make. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Lightweight, waterproof, breathable 3-layer GORE-TEX Active fabric featuring C-KNIT™ Backer Technology is soft, comfortable and built for moving fast
- Optimal Visibility Hood with laminated visor is helmet-compatible and two-way-adjustable to provide good visibility in poor conditions
- Exposed, watertight two-way pit zips provide ventilation; full-mobility sleeves let you reach without raising the body of the jacket
- Cuffs feature minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop closure; Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system has two contact points at hem for intuitive, one-handed operation
- Minimal seams are reinforced with narrow seam tape for low bulk
- Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; one exterior welted, left-chest pocket with DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zipper; interior stretch catch-all pocket
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 323 g (11.4 oz)
3-layer, 2.5-oz 30-denier 100% recycled nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX Active shell with GORE® C-KNIT™ Backer Technology and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
The construction of 3-Layer GORE-TEX Products is unique. A 3-layer GORE-TEX membrane is sandwiched between a soft outer material and a knit polyester backing material that increases durability. These garments keep you comfortable and protected from the elements without adding extra bulk or weight.
The GORE-TEX membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.