Patagonia Women's Glassy Dawn Tankini
Built for surfing and swimming with a feminine scoop neck and adjustable cross-back straps, this soft, stretchy and durable tankini offers increased torso coverage and pairs easily with bikini bottoms. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Soft and durable 83% recycled polyester/17% spandex jersey body fabric; lining is 88% nylon/12% spandex jersey
- Delicate scoop neck has elegant ruching detail and a small triangle cutout that allows water to flush
- Adjustable cross-back straps tie at the back for a customized fit
- Hidden underbust elastic band adds comfort and support
- Soft, removable side-entry cups
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 128 g (4.5 oz)
Body: 5.8-oz 83% recycled polyester/17% spandex jersey.
Lining: 4-oz 88% nylon/12% spandex jersey.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.