Patagonia Women's Insulated Prairie Dawn Parka
This midlength, workwear-inspired ranch coat is made with 100% organic cotton canvas and the core is lined with 70% recycled polyester fleece.
- Soft and durable 8-oz organic cotton canvas lined with cozy ¼"-pile polyester fleece in the body and hood; insulated with Thermogreen® 100% polyester (90% recycled)
- Center-front metal zipper closure with a wide placket and metal snaps for extra protection from the elements
- Fully lined hood has adjustable drawcords
- Hidden waistband adjustment can be cinched or let out for a straight silhouette
- Welted, drop-in handwarmer pockets with additional double-needle chest pockets keep all your items safe
- Hidden drawcord and lock at hem cinches for additional warmth
- Slight drop-tail hem falls above the knees
- 1,293 g (45.6 oz)
Body: 8-oz 100% organic cotton canvas.
Lining: (body and hood) 8.5-oz 100% polyester (70% recycled) ¼"-pile shearling fleece; (sleeves) 2.2-oz 100% recycled polyester solid taffeta with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 60-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (90% recycled)View The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.