Patagonia Women's Out Yonder Coat
A longer coverage work coat that combines classic natural elements of recycled wool and canvas in a fresh, easy-to-wear, straight-fit silhouette. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Warm jacket made with a recycled wool blend and insulated with100-g (60-g in sleeves) THERMOLITE® ECO92
- Organic cotton canvas trim throughout for durability
- Ample storage with two flap chest pockets and two drop-in handwarmer pockets
- Center front has a metal zipper and hidden snaps
- Interior, adjustable drawcord at waist
- Length finishes below hip/top of thigh for modest coverage
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 938 g (33.1 oz)
6.2-oz 60% recycled wool/30% recycled polyester/10% recycled nylon plain weave.
Lining: 2.4-oz 100% recycled polyester plain weave.
Yoke and sleeves: 8.1-oz 100% organic cotton canvas.
Insulation: 100-g (sleeves: 60-g) THERMOLITE® ECO92 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Insulation is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
One of the ways we can lessen the impact of wool production is to recycle used wool.
The practice of recycling wool dates back hundreds of years. After wool sweaters had been worn threadbare, they were collected and shredded into individual fibers and then converted into blankets.
Patagonia’s recycled wool comes from this same process. Aided by modern-day quality controls, the wool goes through a meticulous sorting of materials into color categories prior to shredding. By selecting and blending colors of dyed wool fabrics and garments, we can completely eliminate the dyeing process, saving water and chemicals and eliminating the resulting wastewater.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.