Patagonia Women's Piolet Jacket
Built with durably waterproof/breathable and windproof 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric, our Piolet Jacket is comfortable and versatile.
- 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric shell and a wicking mesh liner create a supple, comfortable package
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with drop-collar design provides exceptional coverage and visibility
- Center-front zipper features minimal-welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard; microfleece on interior collar for added comfort on chin
- Gusseted underarm panels reduce lift when reaching overhead and have pit zips for venting
- Chest pocket, handwarmer pockets and pit zips feature coated, watertight slim zips that reduce bulk and weight; internal zipper pocket
- Shaped cuffs with self-fabric hook-and-loop tapered tab adjustment
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather
- 527 g (18.6 oz)
Shell: 2-layer, 3.4-oz 75-denier 100% polyester GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Body lining: 3.8-oz 100% polyester warp-knit mesh.
Sleeve lining: 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester plain weave with a DWR finishView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
The construction of 2-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A GORE-TEX® membrane is bonded to an outer material, then combined with a free-flowing lining. The benefit: a soft, lightweight garment that keeps you dry and lets you move freely.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.