Patagonia Women's PowSlayer Bibs
The PowSlayer Bibs are lightweight, packable, optimized for backcountry touring and feature a minimalist design. The GORE-TEX PRO fabric package includes the first 100% recycled nylon face fabric to deliver the highest level of durable waterproof/breathable and windproof protection available. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Lightweight, highly breathable—and now with a recycled face textile—the 3-layer GORE-TEX PRO shell fabric offers the highest level of durable waterproof/breathable and windproof protection
- These low-profile bibs have a drop-seat configuration with two-way slider side zips for venting, a zip fly with a single-snap closure and grown-on belt loops at the waist for convertibility when hiking
- Vislon® zippers on side zips and pockets are watertight and easy to use
- Loop on rear yoke attaches bibs to the powder skirt on any Patagonia® Snow jacket
- Articulated patterning for increased range of motion; stretch mesh fabric at low back for increased breathability and comfort
- Gaiters seal out snow; tough scuff guards protect inside of leg and bottom hem; zippered pockets: two thigh cargo and one at right hip
- Concealed RECCO® reflector; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 564 g (19.9 oz)
3-layer, 4-oz 40-denier 100% recycled nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX PRO shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
GORE-TEX Pro products have a 3-layer construction that comprises a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers for exceptional durability and the option of combining the layers with insulation.
The GORE-TEX membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
Durable Water Repellent
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.