Patagonia Women's PowSlayer Jacket
The PowSlayer Jacket is lightweight, packable, optimized for backcountry touring and features a minimalist design. The GORE-TEX PRO fabric package includes the first 100% recycled nylon face fabric to deliver the highest level of durable waterproof/breathable and windproof protection available. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Lightweight and highly durable 3-layer nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX PRO shell offers the highest level of waterproof/breathable and windproof protection
- Helmet-compatible, two-way-adjustable fixed hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system in hood and hem offers quick and easy adjustment
- Watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation reduce bulk and weight; Vislon® watertight, center-front zip is durable and easy to use
- Pit zips quickly release heat; adjustable, low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves
- Adjustable powder skirt can be cinched for a tight seal or lies flat when not in use; webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: two chest, one with secure media pocket with cable routing; two handwarmers; one arm for pass; one internal stash and one internal drop-in
- Concealed RECCO® reflector; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 522 g (18.4 oz)
Shell: 3-layer, 4-oz 40-denier 100% recycled nylon plain-weave GORE-TEX PRO fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Powder skirt: 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% polyester taffeta.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
GORE-TEX Pro products have a 3-layer construction that comprises a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers for exceptional durability and the option of combining the layers with insulation.
The GORE-TEX membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body's perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
Durable Water Repellent
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.