Patagonia Women's Shallow Moon Dress
The Shallow Moon Dress is made from 100% TENCEL® lyocell fabric, which is more absorbent than cotton, softer than silk and cooler than linen—the ideal warm weather fabric.
- Easy-to-wear, easy-care 100% TENCEL® lyocell dress shuns wrinkles
- Neckline has a modest V-neck
- Smocking details at the shoulders
- Set-in sleeves have a bit of volume; finished with elastic so they can be worn at three-quarter length
- Flattering, elasticized waist
- Two on-seam front pockets
- Below-the-knee length
- 213 g (7.5 oz)
3.4-oz 100% TENCEL® lyocell twillView The Footprint Chronicles
TENCEL® is a branded lyocell fiber that comes from the pulp of trees that are grown on sustainably run farms certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
The eucalyptus wood pulp is dissolved in a non-toxic organic solvent. The solution is extruded through fine holes to produce fiber and the solvent is recycled in a closed-loop process – more than 99% of the solvent is recovered and reused. We ensure that the fabric processing of TENCEL® lyocell fiber does not utilize any harmful chemicals (like formaldehyde).
TENCEL lyocell is a high-tenacity cellulosic fiber, which gives high strength properties to the fabric which can then be used in place of other regenerated cellulose fibers such as viscose rayon.