Patagonia Women's Solid Boucau Bikini Halter Top
A halter-style bikini swimsuit top with a supportive band under the bust, made of a soft and durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend.
- Soft and durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend
- Soft ties secure at the neck and back
- Front lining made of a beautiful nylon/spandex fabric blend designed specifically for use in swimwear
- Wide, supportive elastic band under the bust
- Contouring darts add shape
- Removable, side-entry soft cups
- 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex. Lining: 4-oz 88% nylon/12% spandex jersey
- 68 g (2.4 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.