Patagonia Women's Solid Kupala Bikini Top
A triangle bikini top with adjustable cross-back ties; made of a soft and durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend.
- Soft and durable front fabric made of an 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend
- Front lining made of a beautiful nylon/spandex fabric blend designed specifically for use in swimwear
- Triangle bikini top with adjustable crossover ties in back
- Removable, side-entry soft cups
- Supportive elastic band under the bust
- 56 g (2 oz)
5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex.
Lining: 4-oz 88% nylon/12% spandex jerseyView The Footprint Chronicles
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.