Adhering to a life-long avoidance of full-time work, Kelly specializes in margaritas, maximizing outdoor time and climbing alpine-style routes. This minimalism influences his climbing, which includes the first ascent of the Azeem Ridge in “disaster style.” Professionally, a stint at Pizza Hut (flexible hours, free leftovers) led to years of shack dwelling, which, somehow, led to a living climbing and writing.
- First ascent of the Azeem Ridge on Great Trango Tower, Pakistan
- First link-up of Tiempos Perdidos and the upper West Face ice routes on Cerro Torre, Patagonia
- First ascent of Personal Jesus on Nevado Ulta, Peru
- First ascent of The Trailer Park on London Tower, Alaska
- First ascent of Deadbeat, Thunder Mountain, Alaska
- First ascent of Ring of Fire, Thunder Mountain, Alaska