To replace your items, please place a new order and follow the instructions below for your return.
Step One - Prepare Your Return
- If you have the original invoice/packing slip that came with your item, fill out the bottom portion.
- If you do not have your invoice/packing slip, please use either our printable Return Form or Repair Form depending on your needs.
*By law, garments sent in for repair must be clean; please wash items for repair before mailing.
Step Two - Mail Your Return
- Send your paperwork and your items to Patagonia:
Patagonia Repairs & Returns
8550 White Fir St.
Reno, NV 89523
- Please be sure to ship the package with a carrier that can provide tracking and insurance. Patagonia cannot replace packages lost during return shipment if proof of tracking is unavailable.
- If you live close to one of our Patagonia Retail Stores, you may take your return there to have your refund or exchange processed.
- Pro/Team/Corporate Orders must be returned to the Reno address above.
Patagonia will not credit customs and duties paid previously, this must be pursued by customers within their own jurisdictions. See the International Orders page for details.
How long does the process take?
- We will do our best to process your return within 7 business days.* (See below for how to expedite your request.) During peak season times it may take up to 15 business days. For returns with no order or customer number, it can take us up to 30 business days to research your items before we are able to issue a credit in the form of a gift card.
- It can take up to 30 business days during peak times to process returns without an invoice or receipt.
- Our policy is to get repairs unpacked, done and back in the mail to you within 10 business days. During peak season times it may take up to 30 business days.
- We pay for repairs that we’re responsible for and charge a fair price for repairs due to normal wear and tear.
We accept all Patagonia products for recycling, and the process is easy. While we encourage you to find a new home for any garments or items that are still useable, any Patagonia product that has reached the end of its useful life may be sent back to us to be recycled or repurposed. Simply wash the items first and use one of the following collection methods:
1. Mail them to the Patagonia Service Center at
Patagonia Service Center
8550 White Fir Street
Reno, NV 89523-8939
2. Drop them off at the Patagonia Retail Store nearest you or at a participating Patagonia dealer – ideally, while you're running other errands, to reduce environmental impact.
Please note: Recycling your old clothes is voluntary. If you choose to recycle, you'll gain the satisfaction of knowing that your old Patagonia clothing will not end up in a landfill or an incinerator.
What if something I order goes on sale?
If something you purchased goes on sale within 14 days of your purchase, let us know and we will adjust the price. Contact the original place of purchase, either a Patagonia Retail store or our Catalog/Web site for your credit options. Adjustments will be made in the original form of payment. Requests must be made within 14 days of the original ship date or store purchase date. Outlet store and promotional purchases are excluded from price adjustments.
*Shipping and Processing Details
Items will be returned to you in a similar fashion as they are received: ground orders will be returned via ground shipping and express orders via express shipping. To expedite an exchange, place your order over the phone with us at 1.800.638.6464. You may also choose to use an expedited shipping service (such as overnight or 2nd day). Please note that the USPS Priority Mail is not an expedited service. Expedited orders will receive priority processing whenever possible, and will be returned to you via an expedited method at no extra charge.
We do our best to process returns and exchanges within 7 business days. Keep in mind that we get backlogged during peak seasons and sales, so it may take longer during those times.
If the original purchase was made with a credit card, we will credit the credit card for the returned item(s) upon receipt. The credit card will be charged for the replacement item(s) when shipped. For returns that do not have the original invoice, we will use the last known sale price for its value.
If the item is deemed irreparable, we may, at our discretion, replace it or send a Gift Card for the last known retail value of the piece.