As minimal as an 8-piece rack on an alpine ridge, our Ultralight Down Jacket supports ascent without excess. It features top-notch 800-fill-power premium European goose down and an ultralight nylon ripstop shell fabric that's nearly half the weight and twice the strength of our other down shell fabrics. The sewn-through construction, tight channel pattern and just the right amount of down increase versatility for use in more moderate temperatures and diverse activities; a DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds snow. A slim silhouette maximizes thermal efficiency and suits its ideal uses: belay jacket over light layers at shaded crags, minimalist summer alpine bivies and unmatched warmth layered under a shell. Pockets include two zippered handwarmers and one zippered chest. A drawcord hem keeps in the heat. Stuffsack included.
- The toughest, lightest-weight shell fabric we've ever used for down garments; with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power premium European goose down for low-bulk warmth
- Variegated channel construction stabilizes insulation and allows the use of less down, creating an elegant, low-profile garment
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets; one zippered chest pocket
- Drawcord hem seals in warmth
- Self-fabric stuffsack
- Shell and lining: 0.8-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- 235 g (8.3 oz)
- Made in China.
We use down insulation in some of our products because of its excellent performance: down has a higher warmth-to-weight ratio than synthetic insulation, and it is also more compressible.