Internship - Product Line Management, Technical OutdoorPart time |
The Technical Outdoor Intern will assist the Senior Director and Equipment Product Line Manager in the development of product, marketing, and assortment strategies for the Company’s Equipment and Accessory lines. Gaining understanding of the product life cycle, the technical outdoor market, and specific category knowledge, the intern will help build product lines that deliver innovation while growing market share and category profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Technical Product team in delivering product that helps increase revenue, gross margin, and market share.
- Responsible for assisting the Technical Product team to develop a line that resonates with the global market.
- With oversight from the Equipment Product Line Manager, assist the interdepartmental product team to drive workflow, operational priorities and actions towards deadlines on the seasonal Go-To-Market Calendar.
- Responsible for completing work accurately, in entirety and on time.
- Help to explore and develop environmental breakthroughs.
- Be willing to evaluate and propose strategies that include elements of risk.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in progress.
- Strong written, verbal and quantitative skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain schedules.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of such programs as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively- verbally, written and visually - with a wide variety of people.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until March 1st, 2017.