Patagonia Men's Torrentshell Jacket
Sleek, packable and unpretentious, our trusted Torrentshell Jacket takes a responsible step forward with a 100% recycled nylon face fabric; waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard protection for rainy-day reliability.
- 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard shell with a 100% recycled nylon face fabric
- Two-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows with a simplified cord-and-hook design
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal-welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets and venting pit zips; all with welted exterior storm flaps and DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out precip
- Jacket self-stuffs into handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- 343 g (12.1 oz)
H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
*carabiner not included
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.