Patagonia Women's Wavefarer® Board Shorts - 5"
The quintessential do-anything surf shorts, our Wavefarer® Board Shorts are made of durable, lightweight and quick-drying nylon with 50+ UPF sun protection and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Inseam is 5”.
- Durable and quick-drying nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- 3-piece, self-lined waistband contours to hip; flat-lying fly with a hidden snap and ladderlock drawstring closure
- Rolled side seams that overlap with self binding allow for movement and mobility
- Self-draining right-rear pocket has a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper; with internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Gusset allows for a wide range of movement and comfort while sitting on a surfboard
- 5" inseam
- 3.9-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- 107 g (3.8 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.