Patagonia Women's Wind Shield Hybrid Soft Shell Pants
For trail running and other high-aerobic activities in cold weather, the Wind Shield Pants provide lightweight soft-shell protection from the elements while still allowing excess heat and moisture to escape though strategically placed breathable panels.
- Lightweight, stretch soft-shell fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish provides protection from wind and elements; with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Breathable Capilene® Thermal Weight and warm Speedwork fabric on side and back panels keeps wearer comfortable, even at high exertion
- Zippered hand pockets
- External tying drawcord
- Zippered openings with soft-shell gusset behind for pulling over shoes
- Reflective logos on the hip and lower legs
- Body: 3-layer, 3.5-oz 20-denier 100% polyester laminated to a polyurethane film and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Panels: 3.8-oz Polartec® Power Grid™ 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Mesh liner: 2.3-oz 100% polyester tricot mesh with 2.8-oz 100% recycled polyester. Fabrics are bluesign® approved
- 257 g (9.1 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.