Patagonia Girls' Better Sweater® 1/4-Zip
At the bus stop or in the backcountry, this easy-wearing quarter-zip works well as outerwear or layered under a shell. Made of a knitted, heathered polyester fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Warm, sweater-knit, polyester face with a fleece interior in heather overdyed yarns that is dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods; Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Zip-through stand-up collar with a welted, covered zipper garage
- Brushed-polyester jersey trim inside neck, zipper garage, cuffs and hem
- Forward shoulder seams for comfort under backpack straps
- Zippered security pocket on sleeve
- Princess seams at back
- Hand-me-down ID label
- 309 g (10.9 oz)
10-oz 100% polyester knitted fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.