Patagonia Men's Gi III Shorts - 10"
These fast-drying, go-anywhere climbing, hiking and trekking shorts are made of lightweight nylon (52% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Made of quick-drying, lightweight nylon (52% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Elasticized waistband with built-in adjustable belt and separating buckle; zip fly with button closure
- Coin-safe, on-seam front pockets with polyester mesh for drainage
- Zippered pockets: right-rear drop-in and right thigh with internal key loop; both with polyester mesh for drainage
- Regular fit with relaxed leg opening for generous mobility and comfort
- 10" inseam
- 10" inseam
- 3.4-oz 100% nylon (52% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- 215 g (7.6 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.