Patagonia Boys' Bivy Down Hoody
The Boys' Bivy Down Hoody features wind- and water-resistant polyester fabric in the body and weather-resistant nylon on the yoke; it’s insulated with Traceable Down (600-fill-power duck down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked).
- Lightweight, windproof shell fabric on torso has high tear-strength, while the contrast fabric on hood and yoke adds durability as well as wind and water resistance. Both have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Traceable Down (600-fill-power duck down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked) is compressible and warm; quilt-through construction keeps down in place
- 3-panel hood with extended brim and elasticized gusset provides a protective fit
- Full-zip hoody with zip-through, stand-up collar; exterior storm flap with metal snap closure and collar notch
- Center-front and two handwarmer pocket zippers have reflective webbing pulls
- Soft smocked-elastic inside sleeve cuff to seal out cold air; adjustable drawcord at hem; internal drop-in pocket
- Hand-me-down ID label
- 456 g (16.11 oz)
Shell and lining: 2.2-oz 100% polyester plain weave.
Contrast: 4-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled).
All with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 600-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (duck down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked).
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Traceable Down Insulation