Campus Services AssociateFull time | Building Facilities
Title: Campus Services Associate
Reports To: Manager of Campus Services
Location: Ventura, CA
The Campus Services Associate position is part of a team of individuals who work in the Company’s Facilities, Mail Room, Front Desk and Café teams. While this role will primarily work with the Facilities team, they will also provide support to the other teams as needed. Primary responsibilities are centered around maintaining buildings, grounds and general systems. Additional responsibilities include dish return, mail sorting, delivery, metering, shipping, as well as greeting campus visitors and answering incoming calls at our Front Desk. Stellar customer service, organization and attention to detail are all necessary and critical skills in this role as is a can-do attitude.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess and perform routine building maintenance, upkeep and repair.
- Proactively identify projects that need to be done to maintain building and grounds; respond to emergencies as needed.
- In a timely manner, respond to requests from the business regarding tasks that need attention. Examples include: plunging toilets, replacing light bulbs, adjusting door hinges, clearing drains and building childcare cribs.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of all company owned vehicles.
- Foster relationships with outside vendors to perform work assignments as needed and directed by the team.
- When working in the mailroom, responsible for: managing USPS mail pick up, recording and storing employee personal packages, delivering business packages and metering mail.
- While working at the Front Desk, responsibilities include: answering and transferring incoming calls, greeting visitors, and maintaining a clean and pleasant lobby.
- While working in the Café, responsibilities include: daily cardboard recycling, collecting dishes from around the campus and stocking employee break areas.
- Continually able to lift, up to 40 pounds from the floor to a waist high level.
- Continually able to carry 40 pounds, up to 100 feet.
- Ability to push a cart/dolly weighing up to 100 pounds, up to 100 feet.
- Continually able to walk as job dictates.
- Continually able to kneel to floor level.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Two years’ experience in general maintenance and/or construction.
- Ability and understanding of how to use power tools.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing and carpentry skills required.
- Valid drivers license.
- Working knowledge of such programs as: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills in person, on phone and in writing.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure and the ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow through on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
- Capable of streamlining, improving processes and troubleshooting.
- Comfortable with a team based work structure and the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.