Financial Systems AnalystFull time | Finance Operations
Job Title: Financial Systems Analyst
Reports to: Finance Manager
Department: Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Ventura, CA
The Financial Systems Analyst will provide planning, reporting, analytical support and systems maintenance, for Corporate Finance and Category Finance. They update, create and enhance analysis and data reporting, and maintain budgeting/forecasting systems, in support of the Finance team and a variety of cross-functional areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
CORPORATE FINANCE SUPPORT
- Forecasting / Budgeting Analysis Support
- Provide support, analysis, financial modeling in support of the budgeting process by preparing and summarizing revenue and expense reporting, variances and trends
- Prepare reporting and highlight/identify variances to facilitate the forecasting processes to assist Finance Managers in targeting material trends and concerns
- Assist in preparing consolidated fiscal forecasts, comparative analyses, sensitivity and scenario analyses, etc.
- Provide support, analysis and financial modeling for ad-hoc reporting and special requests from Finance Managers.
- Financial System Maintenance
- Perform yearly roll forward procedures for IBM Cognos TM1 system (TM1) including clearing and prepping budget versions, copying budgets to rolling forecast versions, updating attributes for dynamic time series, opening/closing budget inputs, etc.
- Update and support budget and labor-related models by creating/modifying TM1 cubes, dimensions, rules, Turbo Integrator (TI) processes, loading and validating data and calculations, and publishing applications to the web through Contributor.
- Manage ETL processes for loading annual budgets from TM1 to Microsoft AX through Atlas uploads, as well as loading Actual data from AX to TM1 and perform validations.
- Maintain automated templates for international entities to load forecast and budget data into TM1.
- Maintain dimension hierarchies and attributes in TM1 for Cost Centers, Accounts, Measures, etc.
- Update TM1 access security through PersonaIQ, TM1 and Contributor; update cube security at dimension, element, and cell levels for new users or changes in responsibilities.
- Provide regular backups of TM1 data and reverse migrate to development environment; monitor server capacity and recommend archival or server migration before reaching capacity limits.
- Troubleshoot TM1 issues and create help tickets with IBM if necessary to resolve.
- Manage FTP process for external market data and assist the Market Analyst with Tableau modifications.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Develop and recommend new reporting to be used by management to improve efficiency, accuracy and business performance.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assist with various ad-hoc projects as required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Information Systems.
- 2-5+ year of progressive relevant experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Operational Finance or Systems Analysis.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, data structure and data elements, with an ability to extract and manipulate large and complex data sets.
- Advanced experience in all Microsoft Office programs – especially Excel and PowerPoint. VBA experience for Excel automation.
- Proficiency in a variety of ERP, Financial Reporting, Product Planning and Business Information systems desired (ERP - MS Dynamics AX; Financial Reporting & Budgeting – Cognos TM1 and Cognos Finance; Business Information – Cognos and Tableau; Product Line Management - Flex PLM/Windchill).
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan
- Ability to support diverse objectives within a multi-channel business, maximizing synergies.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.