Inventory AccountantFull time | Accounting
Job Title: Inventory Staff Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
The Inventory Accountant is primarily responsible for analyzing, reconciling and reporting on inventory related activity for the Company’s North America business across wholesale, Retail, and Ecommerce channels. This position includes: Margin analysis, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and reporting for internal management reviews.
Essential Job Functions
- Book inventory and margin related journal entries
- Prepare margin analysis packages for management
- Inventory reserve adjustments and analysis
- Overhead analysis
- Research inventory variances in integrated systems
- Reconcile POS margin activity to revenue and cost reports
- Audit, verify, and administer inventory movement such as store transfers, warehouse distributions and adjustments
- Coordinate and execute the back-end processes for the retail store’s annual physical inventory and provide comprehensive reporting on inventory results
- Reconcile inventory movement between retail and ecommerce OMS systems
- Identify and research unusual inventory balances
- Document system glitches by providing a detailed description of the issue with supporting examples and push for resolution
- Provide tax department necessary reporting and information as needed for store tax audits
- Monitor and audit reports coming in from retail stores for organization and completeness
- Assist in testing/ validating inventory transactions for ERP upgrade
- Assist with year-end financial audit and special projects
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to look at a computer screen for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Requirements
- BS/BA degree in accounting or business related field
- 3+ years related experience desired
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience creating reports in Excel or other report writing tool
- Experience in an ERP system
- Working knowledge of Standard Costing Inventory Methodology
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.