Cash Application SpecialistFull time | Credit
This position will primarily be responsible for all cash applications, billing and chargeback activities of the North American wholesale business. This role will report to the Credit and AR Manager and work closely with the credit team to proactively identify and resolve issues and identify risk related to our customers. This role will also maintain a strong communication link with dealer services and sales to ensure quality customer service is maintained.
Essential Job Functions
- Process daily lockbox feed, credit cards, ACH and wires and ensure cash is appropriately applied to customer accounts
- Research and process customer claims (shortages, credit memos, chargebacks, returns and other disputed balances)
- Prepare periodic chargeback reports and provide insight to ensure amounts are properly reserved
- Manage the aging of unapplied cash and resolve within a timely manner
- Prepare monthly statements and create interest invoices
- Ensure customer deductions are coded correctly for use in reports
- Participate in the ERP implementation and future maintenance/enhancement
- Generate reporting as necessary (i.e., payment reconciliations, etc.)
- Participate in ad hoc projects as required
- Facilitate international billing requests
- Support new account creation process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, detail oriented and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers
- Positive attitude and a strong team player
- Systems proficiency in ERP and computer related systems Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus (AX)
- 10 Key proficiency and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and busy work environment.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.