Sales Manager - FishFull time | Sales Management
Job Title Sales Manager- Fish
Reports to: Director of Fish
Location: Ventura, CA
In conjunction with the Director of Fish, the Sales Manager- Fish will set the strategy for achieving both sales and marketing goals of the Fish Product Category. This position will primarily set standards for the growth of the Company’s fish business across all channels and work in partnership with the Fish Product Teamsales & marketing managers and sales reps to achieve the Company’s fish sales and marketing objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Directly manage the North America fishing sales reps and continue to build the business by developing and implementing programs and strategies to achieve goals.
- Responsible for maintaining regular contact and travel with rep team (North America fish reps and sales reps selling into fish accounts), key accounts and retail store managers.
- In conjunction with sales reps and sales managers (Surf and Outdoor), strategically develop and implement account distribution within each given territory.
- Establish territory sales targets (Preseason, ASAP, Discontinued Merchandise, and Special Makeup) and track results of the sales efforts.
- Develop seasonal sales programs and strategies, product training, event, and environmental programs with Fish team.
- Strategize and execute visual merchandising initiatives with marketing and sales team including development, prioritization and implementation when appropriate.
- Reviews goals and performance of Fish programs and representatives with reps and management team each season.
- Partner with Director of Fish and Fish Marketing Manager in the Go to Market process to provide support and market feedback to product and marketing development
- Strong environmental interests that extend to programs and initiatives to continually engage the Dealer base and Sales Reps.
- Work with Director of Fish and the Fish Team as well as key cross functional partners to plan the Global Sales Meeting and other pertinent regional meetings.
- Attend key trade shows.
- Work as an advisor to our other regions, sharing best practices, enhancing communication between fish teams globally, and helping to establish fish priorities.
Other Job Functions
- Responsible for coordinating Product Team member’s travel needs with the Sales team in each region.
- Work with the Director of Fish and the Sales team to manage and service key accounts and national chain accounts.
- Communicate regularly by phone and email to the channel heads, to provide information on specific issues, sales data, problems, and general economic trends and business conditions.
- Attend strategic planning meetings with other global sales team members.
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry 50 pounds for up to 50 feet.
- Must be able to travel extensively using various transportation methods.
- Minimum of seven (7) year’s experience in sales management, preferably in the Outdoor/Fly Fishing industry.
- Proven experience hiring, training, and managing sales professionals.
- Strong comprehension of financial numbers.
- Involvement in company product related activities, and ability to develop rapport and gain respect of key participants in these sports.
- Proven experience in providing exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to work well with a variety of people.
- Must display consistent and effective problem resolution skills internally and externally,
- PC based computer skills; with Word, Excel, and telecommunication experience.
- Active participant in environmental issues and concerns.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.