IT Network AdministratorFull time | IT Systems
Job Title: I.T. Network Administrator
Reports to: Manager of Network
This position is directly responsible for the normal operation of the LAN/WAN environment, the network. The I.T. Network Administrator will respond to incident tickets and contribute to continuous improvement in operational procedures, standards and network design to achieve this goal. Additionally, this person will work with team members to optimize network functionality. This role will also work with I.T. systems engineers to assist in the health, efficiency and availability of their applications. The ideal candidate will be Cisco certified and have 5 or more years of direct experience designing and supporting complex LAN/WAN environments including remote offices and retail locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform continual analysis of the network and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance and availability.
- Daily administration and support of the network and associated devices including troubleshooting of network issues.
- Monitor and respond to incoming events and ticket queues for problems reported directly by users or by automated network management systems’ notifications.
- Implement network policies and procedures.
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Perform hardware and software upgrades to network devices such as switches, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Prepare and Perform network recovery in coordination with business continuity planning.
- Document network systems including standard operational procedures, network topology, and hardware inventory.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of network administration experience in a multi-platform environment or CCENT certification.
- Ability to perform typical network administration skills to include support, upgrades and maintenance of network hardware, operating systems, LAN/WAN circuits and devices, DNS, TCPIP, VPN.
- Direct experience with distributed WAN architectures such as MPLS and multi carrier failover.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including high degree of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.