Global Marketing, FishFull time | Marketing
Job Title: Global Marketing, Fish
Reports to: Head of Fish
Location: Ventura, CA
Brands tell a story, great brands tell important stories. The Global Marketer - Fish will build our narrative; within our organization, within our industry and for the global community. They will develop and manage seasonal category marketing plans that elevate the conversation around our mission and our team’s values. They will amplify product initiatives, from end-use clarity to supply chain awareness, and improve the overall customer experience. They are responsible for being close to the market and acting nimbly in order to be timely, relevant, and impactful. The Global Marketier- Fish will be responsible for building progressive strategies that target customers with meaningful content and experiences to drive our Fish business and mission. This position will work directly with and report into the Head of Fish. It will be a core part of the leadership of Patagonia Fish.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Head of Fish to develop and maintain seasonal strategic category engagement plans that align and enhance the initiatives of the business unit.
- Develop strategic briefs and work across the marketing organization to develop globally relevant campaigns that support both sell-in and sell-through of key Fish product and initiatives.
- Partner closely with Fish PLM to ensure that product marketing initiatives reflect Fish business unit objectives and are consistent with brand values and initiatives.
- Partner with DTC and Wholesale channels to ensure our product and our mission are executed consistently.
- Work closely with the Environmental team to identify critical long-range issues, seasonal consumer engagement and storytelling opportunities around strategic issues.
- Develop relationships with regional counterparts to understand their needs and drive overall support and implementation from a global perspective.
- Manage execution of marketing plans on-time and within budget, including media planning, product seeding, PR initiatives, promotions and events through strong communications and process with centralized Marketing and Creative Services teams and global marketing partners.
- Manage a content creation and distribution strategy that accurately reflects the brand position and targets customers and core-users through film, photo, catalog, The Cleanest Line, pat.com category pages, and social media, for the ultimate purpose of inspiring and empowering collective action on environmental, social and ethical issues.
- Create and manage a category product seeding plan, as well as developing fixturing/merchandising solutions for owned retail, and measure ROI performance.
- Support the Go To Market process for Fish and ensure that milestones are hit from marketing.
- Curate and cultivate our relationships within the industry, including: Ambassadors and Influencers, Content Creation, Non-Profits, Brands, State and Federal stakeholders.
- Responsible for collaborating with other Category Marketing Managers to support seasonal initiatives with Fish and utilizing key influencers in our fight to save the planet.
Who You Are
- Passionate - from fishing to teaching to saving our planet, your excitement is contagious.
- Adaptable - able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Resilient - comfortable and confident through change management.
- Nimble - can move from strategic process to tactical execution and back seamlessly.
- Customer Centric - we will win with our relationships.
- Visionary - it will take a bold and consistent vision for our brand to save this planet.
- Leader - we are all leaders of this business, and we all have so much to learn.
Experience You Bring
- College degree and MBA preferred, but not required.
- 7-10 years of relevant global marketing experience.
- Core end user with a deep knowledge and understanding of Fly Fishing, sport, communities and industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Exceptional understanding of business and marketing objectives with a proven record of delivering against KPIs.
- Experience setting strategy, positioning stories and managing project timelines and budget.
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups and with a high level of transparency.
- Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects
- Willing to take creative risks.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines and has the ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.