Patagonia Boys' Capilene® Bottoms
Our Boys’ Capilene® Bottoms are made of a soft, comfortable polyester/spandex fabric blend that stretches, wicks moisture and is quick to dry. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Polyester/spandex blend stretches for ease of movement and features a wicking finish, Polygiene® permanent odor control and a soft sueded back
- Fabric is soft and cozy next to skin, and provides superior warmth and moisture management
- Waistband has brushed inner elastic for next-to-skin softness
- Functional fly; gusseted crotch for comfort and unimpeded mobility
- Cuff seams are offset for minimal bulk
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing
- Slim fit for layering under midlayers and outerwear
- 122 g (4.3 oz)
5.3-oz 88% polyester/12% spandex sueded jersey with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Capilene® Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (30% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
We make four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.