Patagonia Men's Long-Sleeved Sol Patrol® II Shirt
This versatile, long-sleeved travel shirt is made of lightweight, fast-drying and highly breathable polyester ripstop with 30-UPF sun protection.
- Lightweight, fast-drying polyester with 30-UPF sun protection
- Double-layer collar converts to stand-up collar for additional sun protection; stays put with hidden snaps at collar points
- Comfortable mesh fabric at center back, arms and side vents facilitates airflow
- Mesh-lined chest pockets with button-through closures; inset zippered pocket on chest
- Rolled-up sleeves secure with self-fabric tabs; button cuffs
- 238 g (8.4 oz)
2.4-oz 100% polyester ripstop with 30-UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.