Patagonia Men's Sandy Cay Pants
Light, comfortable and quick to dry, the Sandy Cay Pants are made of 100% recycled nylon, offer 50+ UPF sun protection and the versatility needed for day-after-day fishing and travel. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- 100% recycled nylon taslan with 50+ UPF sun protection
- Elastic back waistband for comfort and great fit
- Two back pockets, one with zipper closure; two front slash pockets with mesh drainage; zippered security pocket on right leg
- Double-layer fabric on front of leg for durability and protection; drop-in utility pocket on right thigh
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 255 g (9 oz)
2.8-oz 100% recycled nylon plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.