Patagonia Men's Scallop Hem Wavefarer® Boardshorts - 18"
A curved-hem version of our tried-and-true Wavefarer® Boardshorts, built from durable and quick-drying 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Made of a durable, quick-drying nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- 3-piece, self-lined waistband contours to hip; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring; mesh gasket drains easily
- Contrast waistband; back pocket with button-flap closure has self-draining mesh pocket bag and internal key loop
- Scalloped hem for improved range of motion; forward inseam helps eliminate chafing
- Pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Outseam is 18"; midlength is designed for surfers who prefer a trimmer, more pared-down silhouette
- 145 g (5.1 oz)
3.9-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.