Patagonia Men's Steel Forge Denim Pants - Regular
For maximum durability, we make our work denim from a 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema® blend. Fifteen times stronger than steel at the same weight, the innovative Dyneema fiber gives these work pants exceptional strength for the toughest and most abrasive tasks; dyed with natural indigo, the fabric is made at Cone Denim with cotton grown in the USA.
- Made from a burly 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema® blend; the fabric is made by Cone Denim and uses cotton grown in the USA; the pants are also cut and sewn in the USA
- Dyed with a bio-based dye from Stony Creek Colors, derived from natural indigo grown in the USA
- Contoured waistband has seven belt loops for increased strength and carrying capacity; zip fly with button closure
- Two front drop-in pockets with knife clip gussets; two drop-in back pockets; drop-in utility pockets on left back and right legs, sized to fit a cell phone; utility loop on left hip
- Double-fabric knees for additional durability; the doubled knees have bottom openings that accommodate knee pads and allow easy cleanout
- Gusseted crotch for freedom of movement; wide pant legs fit over boots or can be tucked in
- Inseam is 32”
- 907 g (32 oz)
12.5-oz 92% organic cotton/8% Dyneema®, dyed with a bio-based dye derived from natural indigoView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.