Patagonia Men's Stretch Hydro Planing Boardshorts - 21"
Our most technical boardshorts, these are made from superlight 100% recycled polyester with a low-drag waistband and 2-way mechanical stretch that lets you push your limits in any kind of surf; fast-drying with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of fast-drying and superlight 100% recycled polyester with 2-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Grown-on waistband; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring
- Self-draining flap pocket on right hip has gasket closure, a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper with internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Notched outseam provides ease of movement and is welded for reduced drag and maximum comfort; inseam-free design helps eliminate chafing
- Hip pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Outseam is 21"; regular length provides a more traditional choice and greater sun protection for the legs
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 119 g (4.2 oz)
2.8-oz 100% recycled polyester with 2-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.