Patagonia Men's Wavefarer® Boardshorts - 19"
A Patagonia classic, the Wavefarer® Boardshorts are the foundation of our boardshorts collection. Made of quick-drying 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection, they’re the ultimate go-anywhere, do-anything surf trunks.
- Made of durable, quick-drying 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Three-piece, self-lined waistband contours to hip; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring; mesh gasket drains easily
- Self-draining pocket on right hip has a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper with internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Forward inseam helps eliminate chafing
- Hip pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Outseam is 19"; midlength is designed for surfers who prefer a trimmer, more pared-down silhouette
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 162 g (5.7 oz)
4.5-oz (prints: 4.3-oz) 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.