Patagonia Women's River Salt Jacket
Our toughest, most durable fishing shell for the most challenging conditions, with a women’s-specific fit and rugged, 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard waterproof/breathable wader fabric.
- Rugged 100% polyester microfiber H2No® Performance Standard shell with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Two pleated, TPU-coated, water-repellent front zippered pockets are sized to hold fly boxes; waterproof and corrosion-resistant YKK® front zipper; all other zippers are plastic to prevent corrosion in salt water or wet environments
- Innovative, fully vented and adjustable hood is designed to stay in place, even at high boat speeds
- Watertight adjustable cuffs
- Elastic drawcord at the hem is enclosed in a mesh-lined casing that drains excess water
- 530 g (18.7 oz)
H2No® Performance Standard shell: 4-layer, 6.1-oz 100% polyester solid twill microfiber with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.