Patagonia Bimini Cap
A lightweight nylon cap that provides full coverage with a neck flap and large bill for all-day sun protection; with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Fixed drape on flap covers entire back of neck with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- COOLMAX® fabric headband wicks moisture
- Dark underside of bill reduces glare
- Adjustable rear buckle with elastic for a snug fit
- 4.2-oz 100% nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- 87 g (3.1 oz)
- Made in China.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.