Dylan Tomine's Ambassador Profile
Fly Fishing Ambassador
ResidesBainbridge Island, WA
After five summers of guiding in Bristol Bay, Dylan returned home to the Pacific Northwest and a year-round pursuit of steelhead, which has taken him from Argentina to southeast Alaska. But after watching wild steelhead decline throughout their range and with two small children to consider, he’s currently working to direct more of his obsession toward writing and speaking about fish conservation.
- Trustee, Wild Steelhead Coalition
- Conservation speaker: Elwha Science Symposium, Save Our Wild Steelhead Festival
- Fly designer, Umpqua Feather Merchants
- Travel writing assignments: Argentina, Japan, Russian Arctic, Central Pacific, British Columbia, Alaska
- Magazine stories: The Flyfish Journal, The Drake, Fish & Fly, The New York Times, etc.
- Author of Closer to the Ground An Outdoor Family’s Year On The Water, In The Woods and At The Table (due October 2012)
- Father to crazed anglers Skyla (8) and Weston (5)
- Co-owner/Field Laborer, Bainbridge Island Blueberries