Internship - Product Line, Technical Outdoor (Alpine)Full time | Administrative Support
Job Title: Product Line, Technical Outdoor (Alpine) Intern
Reports to: Product Line Manager – Alpine
Location: Ventura, CA
The Product Line Intern - Alpine will assist the Product Line Manager in the development of product, marketing, and assortment strategies for the Company’s Technical Alpine line . Gaining understanding of the product life cycle, the technical outdoor market, and specific category knowledge, the intern will help build a segment of the product line to deliver technical performance while disrupting the market with responsible materials & manufacturing, growing market share and increasing category profitability.
Essential Job Functions/Projects
- Assist Alpine Product team in delivering product that increases revenue, gross margin, and market share.
- Responsible for assisting the Product Line Manager and team in developing a line that resonates with the global market.
- With oversight from the Product Line Manager, assist the interdepartmental product team to drive workflow, operational priorities and actions towards deadlines on the seasonal Go-To-Market Calendar.
- Help to explore and develop environmental breakthroughs.
- Be willing to evaluate and propose strategies that include elements of risk.
- Day-to-day tasks that ensure the flow of changes and information are communicated between cross-functional teams
- Ensure all levels of product details are updated/maintained between various systems and paper copies.
- Attend color, textile, and graphic meetings with sales data analysis to ensure financial metrics are achieved
- Attend fittings
- Proof and edit product copy and ensure consistency between product sample, PLM system and copy
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress preferably in in Fashion Merchandising with experience in Business Management
- Strong written, verbal, and quantitative skills
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain schedules
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of such programs as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Passion for rock climbing and outdoor sport
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan.
All applicants must have graduated in 2019 or be returning to school in the fall in 2019. This is a paid internship that will also include financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 1st, 2019.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.