Internship - TaxFull time | Administrative Support
Job Title: Tax Intern
Reports to: Senior Director of Tax
Location: Ventura, CA
The Tax Intern will receive a broad exposure to the tax function with an emphasis on federal, state and international tax reporting; providing support for in preparing/reviewing corporate tax calculations that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements; learning the tax return preparation process; and obtaining a general understanding of the company's effective tax rate and legal entity structure.
Essential Job Functions/Projects
- Prepare fixed asset spreadsheet for upload into software.
- Reconcile sub-ledger fixed assets to general ledger.
- Coordinate foreign fixed asset information with foreign accounting personnel.
- Prepare sales tax and property tax returns and supporting work papers.
- Prepare corporate income tax return supporting work papers.
- Organize historical financial statements and other financial information into one data source.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress in accounting, preferably having had basic accounting classes and one or more tax classes.
- Experience in Excel and comfort with learning new applications and systems.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan.
All applicants must have graduated in 2019 or be returning to school in the fall in 2019. This is a paid internship that will also include financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 1st, 2019.
All interns will be assigned a project to work on over the summer, and to present on at the completion of their internship.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.