Patagonia Men's Iron Forge Hemp® Canvas Barn Coat
Built from our innovative 12.9-oz Iron Forge Hemp® canvas that’s 25% more abrasion resistant than conventional cotton duck canvas and needs no break-in, this durable insulated work coat is made for tough tasks in cold conditions. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of durable, comfortable and highly abrasion-resistant 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton canvas, insulated with 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled). Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 100% organic cotton corduroy collar
- Sturdy YKK® #8 center-front zipper with oversized metal pull for easy operation with work gloves or cold hands; snap-closure abrasion flap
- Doubled fabric panels on shoulders protect shoulder joints and provide additional durability and comfort when carrying loads
- Two-snap closure at cuffs; long-sleeve placket allows sleeves to be easily rolled up
- Snap-closure patch pocket on right chest; drop-in patch pocket on left chest with double-fabric bottom; zippered security pocket on inside left chest; two large lower-front storage pockets with flaps and snap closures; two hidden handwarmer pockets with brushed-fleece lining; large lower-back storage pouch with double-sided snap-closure entry
- Webbing hang loop
- 1,573 g (3 lbs 7.5 oz)
Body: 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton.
Lining: 100% recycled polyester.
Insulation: 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Collar: 100% organic cotton corduroy.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Patagonia workwear jackets have a roomy fit compared to many of our other styles. Jackets are cut bigger than standard for ease over body and to leave ample room for layering. Men who have a leaner build or don’t wear bulky layers may want to order workwear jackets one size smaller than usual.
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation, uses no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.