Patagonia Men's Iron Forge Hemp® Canvas Cargo Pants - Regular
Made from our innovative 12.9-oz Iron Forge Hemp® canvas that’s 25% more abrasion resistant than conventional cotton duck canvas and needs no break-in, these durable, heavy-duty work pants have cargo pockets for extra carrying capacity. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Made of tough, comfortable and highly abrasion resistant 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton canvas. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Contoured waistband has seven belt loops for increased strength and carrying capacity; zip fly with button closure
- Two front drop-in pockets with knife clip gussets; two double-layer drop-in back patch pockets; two bellowed cargo pockets for expandable storage. The cargo pocket flaps can be tucked into the pockets for easy access
- Gusseted crotch for freedom of movement
- Wide pant legs fit over boots or can be tucked in
- Available in three inseam lengths: 30", 32" and 34"
- 938 g (2 lbs 1 oz)
12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewingView The Footprint Chronicles
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation, uses no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.