Patagonia Men's R1® TechFace Hoody
Warm, stretchy and breathable like you’d expect from the Regulator® fleece, but with the added benefits of abrasion and weather resistance for extended versatility in shifting mountain conditions.
- Lightweight double-weave fabric is soft and warm next to skin but doesn’t trap heat; face is durable and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed moisture
- Articulated pattern encourages a wide range of movement
- Alpine-helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor provides exceptional coverage and visibility
- Two secure, high handwarmer pockets with ventilating mesh backer and external zippered left-chest pocket
- Sleek, low-bulk, snag-resistant Variable Conditions Cuffs with stretch knit provide versatile coverage and comfort
- Hem adjusts by pulling cord in handwarmer pockets and releases with dual-point cord locks at front hem
- 400 g (14.1 oz)
5.2-oz 92% polyester (69% recycled)/8% spandex breathable stretch double weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
Regulator® fleece insulation provides phenomenal compressibility, light weight warmth, and moisture transport, whether used alone or as part of a layering system.
The lofted hollow-core fibers of Regulator fleece insulation conserve body heat while allowing body moisture to wick uninhibited. They’re also lightweight and highly compressible for packing.
Regulator Fleece Insulation provides exceptional breathability to keep you dry on the inside and while Regulator fleece provides the same amount of warmth as a much bulkier fleece, it does so with lighter, more compressible materials. Since you stay both dryer and warmer, you’re able to maintain your comfort over a wide temperature range, which results in fewer layering changes and a lighter, less bulky pack.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.