Patagonia Men's Torrentshell Pants
Packable rain protection that pulls on easily over boots, the Torrentshell Pants take a responsible step forward with a 100% recycled nylon face; waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard reliability.
- 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard shell with a 100% recycled nylon face
- Pull-on elasticized waistband with internal drawcord
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets have mesh pocket bags, storm flaps and DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zippers
- Articulated knees for optimal mobility
- Welted, DWR-treated 2-way side zips extend from cuff to thigh for easy pull-on over boots and double as vents; partially elasticized cuffs adjust with a snap-tab closure
- Pants self-stuff into left handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- 284 g (10 oz)
H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.7-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
*carabiner not included
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.