Patagonia’s Tumpline helps to suspend all or part of a pack’s load from the top of the head, thereby alleviating pressure on one’s shoulders and hips. Requiring practice to perfect its use, tumplines have been in use in various forms for thousands of years.
Select Size and Color
- Perfect for avid hikers who take pleasure in being out of step with the technological age, Patagonia’s Tumpline is a simple strap, with ancient origins, that helps transfer the weight of a backpack from the shoulders to the head, neck, and down the center of the back. To use the tumpline, place the wide part of the strap across the top of the head and loop the narrower part around the pack and adjust it with the nylon buckle. It took Patagonia’s founder weeks to build up enough muscle strength to use the tumpline properly, so it requires patience. Hand-wash cold, no bleach, line dry, do not iron.
- Accommodates packs of all sizes
- Transfers weight of a backpack from shoulders to head, neck and back
- Made of easy-care nylon webbing
- Nylon buckle minimizes slippage and allows for smooth and easy tightening
- Headband lined with Capilene® 3 fabric that wicks and is quick to dry
- Strap: 3/4” 100% nylon webbing
- Headband: 2” 100% nylon webbing
- Headband lining: 5.4-oz Capilene® 3 100% polyester
- Buckle: 100% nylon
Size & Fit
Your reviews help us improve our gear. Take a few minutes to tell us what you think.