Patagonia Women's Iron Forge Hemp® Canvas Barn Coat
Made from our innovative 12.9-oz Iron Forge Hemp® canvas that’s 25% more abrasion resistant than conventional cotton duck canvas and needs no break-in, this durable insulated work coat is built for tough tasks in cold conditions. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of tough, comfortable and highly abrasion-resistant 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton canvas, insulated with 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled). Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 100% organic cotton corduroy collar
- Sturdy YKK® #8 center-front zipper with oversized metal pull for easy operation with work gloves or cold hands; full-length placket has snaps and protects the zipper; two cinch straps with buckles in back for customized fit
- Snap-closure patch pocket on right chest; drop-in patch pocket on left chest; two large lower- front handwarmer pockets with brushed-fleece lining
- Adjustable snap closure at cuffs
- Webbing hang loop
- 1,151 g (2 lbs 8.6 oz)
Body: 12.9-oz 55% industrial hemp/27% recycled polyester/18% organic cotton.
Lining: 100% recycled polyester.
Insulation: 100-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Collar: 100% organic cotton corduroy.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Patagonia workwear jackets have a roomy fit compared to many of our other styles. Jackets are cut bigger than standard for ease over body and to leave ample room for layering. Men who have a leaner build or don’t wear bulky layers may want to order workwear jackets one size smaller than usual.
Hemp is an alternative natural fiber that’s cultivated with low impact on the environment. It requires no irrigation, uses no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, and is harvested and processed by hand. It’s one of the most durable natural fibers on the planet, and results in a fabric with a wonderful drape, comparable to linen.
Unfortunately, industrial hemp is illegal to grow in most parts of the world because government agencies continue to associate it with marijuana. We currently import our high-quality hemp from China, and continue to hope that it might someday grow freely again.
Patagonia makes garments with hemp alone or blended with other fibers like recycled polyester, organic cotton and spandex.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.